Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday Night Treat: Apple Bake

This was kind of a quirky, wisdom tooth removal inspiration.  I had a bunch of prepacked applesauce cups from having my wisdom tooth removed and I wanted a desert I wouldn't feel bad about. So I came up with this.

Apple Granola Bake

6 cups applesauce
4 apples cut into small pieces
1/2 cup granola
cinnamon to taste

Step One: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Mix applesauce and apple chunks in a small baking dish.

Step Two: Sprinkle granola (I used TN local Yippie Hippie complete with pecans, coconut and no preservatives) over apple mixture and add cinnamon to your taste.

Step Three: Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, until apple chunks become soft.  Serve (possibly ala mode with some delish honey vanilla froyo).



Makes 4 servings of about 250 calories each.  Not to mention at least one serving of fruit!


No comments:

Post a Comment