Monday, May 20, 2013

Scenic Sunday: May 19

I know, it's Monday.  I still wanted to do a little blog about all of the things I experienced this weekend in Memphis.  Of course, I got a good 2 miles in on Sunday morning, in 80 degree weather, 65% humidity (this town is awful).  But what's more important are the awesome things I got to do.  I made a new friend, who invited me to come with her to the Memphis in May Barbeque Cooking Contest, and I must say, it is not at all what I expected.  Clearly, some people are there just for the party.  I had a great time and won't forget it!


This is the only picture I got and it doesn't nearly do the scale of the event justice.


The other half of my weekend was spent with these amazing people:


It was one of the most amazing musical experiences of my life.  I had the opportunity to perform with some of the most talent musicians in Memphis, and then had the chance to socialize with them all weekend.  It was awesome and has opened up some pretty awesome doors for me as a musician.

So far, despite the terribly difficult teaching job and missing my family and friends, Memphis is pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment