Saturday, May 25, 2013

Scenic Saturday: May 25

Most of today was spent on the couch napping and it says a lot that I didn't lay around and snack.  I didn't overeat, which is something I would have done in my college years.  Instead, I relaxed on my first Saturday of summer vacation without gluttony.  In the evening, I decided it was time to run.

Today's run: a nice easy 2.5 miles.
Today's location: Shelby Farms Greenline Trailhead.



I loved this week's scenic adventure, but the trailhead was a little unnerving for me.  The first mile headed west takes you by the Shelby County Government and Corrections facilities.  
 The barbed wire is a little unsettling.
But further on down the paved trail, you see some really great sights.  Like the bottomland hardwood swamps around mile 1. 



And the Wolf River crossing around mile 2.




Some really beautiful trails.  I will be sure to check out the rest of the 6.5 mile trail in the future.



On my way back, I even spotted some local wildlife!




No comments:

Post a Comment